In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Nicole Scheffler. She is one of the amazing speakers lined up for the Orthopreneur Summit in September.
Dr. Nicole Scheffler received her dental and orthodontic training from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. She practices full-time in Boone, North Carolina.
She lectures a lot on closing anterior open bites all over the country and the world.
Back in the year 2000, when nobody was doing TADS in the US, Dr. Nicole went to Belgium to learn how they were placing TADS and how the patient experience was. She came back and approached ORMCO, and that’s how VectorTAS came about.
Nicole recommends closing open bites with TADS in conjunction with an open bite splint to intrude the posterior because it’s just as stable as jaw surgery.
We also talk about creating a vibrant office culture where staff want to come to work. This is important as we all know getting and keeping dental assistants who are the right fit is key to the success of your practice.
- Dr. Nicole Scheffler’s background (01:38)
- The pedo-ortho relationship (06:48)
- How Dr. Nicole got into open bites (10:30)
- Orthognathic surgery (14:31)
- The etiologies for an open anterior bite (16:14)
- Closing open bites with aligners or TADS? (20:27)
- How to find good assistants for your practice (22:53)
- Advanced Dental Assisting Academy (24:33)