Get ready to put on your legal thinking cap, because we’re about to tackle some of the trickiest issues facing orthodontists today!
In this episode of our podcast, we’re joined by none other than Trey Lawrence – the VP and General Counsel at the American Association of Orthodontists. He’s an expert in all the legal hurdles you’re likely to encounter when running an ortho practice, and he’s here to share his knowledge with us.
We’re diving headfirst into some crucial topics that every orthodontist needs to be aware of. We’re talking about everything from the nitty-gritty details of legal issues around inventory to the sticky situations that arise when you have to let a team member go.
But that’s not all – we’re also tackling HIPAA issues when it comes to posting cases and images on social media (spoiler alert: there’s a lot you need to be careful of!) and the words you should NEVER use in advertising (seriously, guys – you don’t want to get on the wrong side of the law here!).
Trey is an absolute goldmine of information, and he’s generously sharing his expert insights with us. We’ll be walking away from this episode armed with practical tips on how to protect ourselves and our practices from legal trouble.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you won’t want to miss this engaging and informative conversation. So what are you waiting for? Tune in and join us as we explore the legal side of running an orthodontic practice!
- Legal issues inventory (05:20)
- Legal hurdles when firing an employee (13:21)
- Reasonable accommodations at work (18:47)
- Legal issues around posting cases/images on social media (24:43)
- HIPAA violations with patient records (30:30)
- Sweepstakes and fee-splitting laws (36:09)
- 8 words you should never use in dental advertising (44:31)
🔹 Connect with Trey Lawrence:
– AAO Website: https://www2.aaoinfo.org/
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/trey-lawrence-238a3330/
– Instagram: @theorthattorney
– TikTok: @theorthattorney
🔹 Do You Want More Profits and Lower Stress? … Register for the OrthoPreneurs Summit 2023: https://opsummit2023.com/
🔹 For more information, visit: https://orthopreneurs.com/
🔹 Join our FREE Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OrthoPreneurs