Let’s face it. HR is one of those issues that we would rather not deal with as orthodontists.
Finding and keeping a good talented team affordably is quite the challenge. Matters are not helped with the Great Resignation, which has turned out to be the Great Hop.
It’s not all doom and gloom, though. There are a few tricks we can use to get the best out of our team.
That’s why I have invited Paul Edwards, CEO, and Founder of CEDR Solutions, the leading provider of expert HR support for private dental and medical practices. (this is his second time on the podcast)
He takes us through some of the things we should be doing in our practices to motivate our team.
One key takeaway from him is the power of one-one-meetings. Data shows that it increases productivity by up to five times.
But how do you do them effectively?
Take a listen and learn from the HR expert what is working in the modern workplace and what’s not.
- The Great Resignation to The Great Hop (07:20)
- Intentional Hiring- How to do it (11:16)
- Every time a hire fails; look at yourself (17:15)
- How to keep your staff from jumping ship (19:33)
- The power of one-on-one meetings with your team (20:56)
- One-on-ones vs. informal check-ins (22:23)
- Being the best cheerleader for your team (23:06)
- The FIRR Framework for corrective conversations (32:56)
- How to document your one-on-ones with the team (34:28)