The HUGE 7-Figure Mistakes Orthodontists Are Making w/ Kevin Cumbus
The hottest topic in orthodontics, dentistry, and the wider world of medicine is acquisitions.
There are a lot of misconceptions and half-truths flying around about transactions.
It doesn’t help matters that there are so many DSOs, OSOs, and other acronyms, each with different ways of valuing a practice and structuring equity packages.
Whether or not you want to sell, educating yourself on how the DSO/OSO model works is very important. Unfortunately, I see a lot of highly opinionated but uneducated voices out there.
In this episode, I am joined by Kevin Cumbus of Tusk Partners for an enlightening discussion on a wide range of topics regarding acquisitions.
Kevin is the Founder and President of TUSK Partners, an M&A Advisor for dental practices.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how valuations are done, EBITDA, equity deals structured, exit multiples, private equity, and much more, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better conversation.
But the key takeaway from this episode is that if you have even the slightest interest in the OSO model, you’d better get a practice valuation ASAP. It will save you millions of dollars when you decide to sell by avoiding the simple decisions hurting you in the long term.
Tune in to learn more.
- Kevin’s background and interest in dentistry (01:01)
- The legal definition of an OSO (09:00)
- What is EBITDA, and how does it affect your valuation (13:27)
- Sue your boss law and such crazy labor laws (07:43)
- Types of labor lawsuits employers face (10:30)
- How to protect yourself as an employer from meritless lawsuits (24:21)
- Developing an Anti-harassment policy (29:48)
- Best practices for hiring and retaining good team members (40:03)
- What’s your unique employment proposition? (43:01)
- The 5 love languages of appreciation in the workplace (43:59)
Contact Kevin Cumbus
🔹 Phone: 704-654-0152
🔹 Website: https://tusk-partners.com/
Do You Want More Profits and Lower Stress? Register for the OrthoPreneurs Summit 2023: https://opsummit2023.com/
For more information, visit: https://orthopreneurs.com/
Join our FREE Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OrthoPreneurs