The Way You Do Anything Is the Way You Do Everything w/ Dr. Trevor Nichols
Today, for the second time on the show, we welcome Dr. Trevor Nichols of Frost Nichols Orthodontics.
Trevor practices with his long-time mentor, Dr. Stuart Frost. He shares his journey of what’s like working with such a big name in Ortho and arguably the best clinician in the world.
Even though it’s difficult at first for any associate/partner to work alongside their mentor and earn their patients’ trust, Trevor believes that with genuine passion and maximum effort, you’ll successfully chart your own path.
This is evident in his career as he has gone from one level to another.
In this episode, we share some great tips on how to develop a great relationship between an associate/partner and a principal doctor. We look at this relationship from both perspectives and the role each side has to play.
Tune in to this great conversation and hopefully learn a few things from Dr. Trevor Nichols
- Resident to rockstar (02:10)
- We are all capable of greatness in orthodontics (05:19)
- Why do clinical philosophies create so much emotion (09:52)
- Embracing our imperfections (12:43)
- What to do when patients want to see the other doctor (15:31)
- The right way to bring in a new doctor to your practice (21:34)
- Finding common ground (29:24)
- Purple velvet suit syndrome (32:00)
- The way you do anything is the way you do everything (37:04)
- The art of showing up (40:15)