What You Can Learn About Work and Life From Swimming w/ Dr. Parul Teneja
Do you ever find yourself staring at something as if it’s calling you? And you don’t know why, but you just feel that it’s going to be a part of you.
That’s how Parul felt when she went to Greece and first saw the Aegean Sea. It awakened and rekindled her love for swimming, which she learned through watching people swim at a local pool in New Delhi.
And in her quest to take swimming seriously – swimming in open waters – she didn’t just learn the basics of swimming but also learned big life lessons that shifted her personal and professional lives.
Tune in for today’s episode as Parul shares…
- What it takes to take your goal seriously
- How to face your fears and deal with failures
- How practicing humility could help you as an ortho
- Plus so much more
Let’s dive in!
- Introduction to Dr. Parul Teneja (00:27)
- There is no life without water (07:27)
- Rekindling the love for swimming and taking it seriously (11:38)
- Training for triathlons vs. jogging (14:42)
- On trying again, facing fears, and failing (18:05)
- Lessons that Parul learned from her swimming experiences (24:23)
- Practicing humility as an orthodontist (27:40)
- How mindset shifts can help make better decisions (31:05)
- It’s never too late to follow your dreams (38:04)