Orthodontists and dentists are not known for their financial planning skills. Lack of financial education and lack of time to learn about asset classes are the chief culprits.
We spend all our time developing orthodontic treatment plans but little to no time on financial treatment plans.
According to ADEA research, almost every orthodontist and dentist will take about a 50% pay cut when they get to retirement.
This shouldn’t be the case with proper retirement planning.
In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Mart McClellan, an orthodontist who also doubles up as a financial advisor.
In addition to running an orthodontic practice, Mart is also President of Macro Wealth Management, a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA).
He gives us his unique perspective on how orthodontists can plan their investments to retire with full income replacement.
We also dive deep into the world of cryptocurrency and NFTs and look at some ingenious ways to include them in your portfolio.
Tune in to learn how to invest to secure your financial future!
- Mart’s journey into orthodontics (01:53)
- Evidence-based financial planning (08:26)
- Diversifying your portfolio to weather catastrophic financial busts (10:23)
- The best way to invest in this inflation environment (21:14)
- Should you include cryptocurrency in your portfolio? (27:52)
- Your retirement smile (39:56)